Tuesday, February 05, 2008

mOrniNGs witH lOuis

Since Claire started going to the neighbourhood Playgroup 9 to 5 on weekdays, Louis has our (pretty much) undivided attention at home.

On her way to work every morning, dajie drops the helper and Louis off at our place. After Louis' brekkie and bath, the helper gets going with household chores while i get the baby :)

Louis and i spend a good 2 hours in my room.

I have my lappie switched on, surfing aimlessly, msn-ing...
He goes round my room, his tiny feet going pitter-patter pitter-patter on the parquet floor, opening and closing my cupboards to peek at my books - he never takes anything (not yet anyways :p he just likes to look), climbing onto the bed (then off again... this goes on for abit though i wonder how that can possibly be fun x.X)......

We always have the radio tuned to Y.E.S.93.3FM just cos he loves it when the catchy fast numbers come on, and he starts to do this funny little 'dance' - he waves his arms around while bopping up and down to the music, his diaper-ed bottom almost reaching the floor everytime he goes down :)))

More recently, it being the Chinese New Year period, the DJs have been playing lots more cheena 'dong dong dong chiang' songs. Louis lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrves them!! He goes all excited and starts clapping and laughing (he goes Ha. Ha. Ha.). I'll pick him up and we'll twirl around the room, with me trying desperately to follow the lyrics to the cheena songs (i don't really fancy Chinese New Year songs you see...) while he shrieks and laughs the whole time. He might be laughing at me really!!! The silly er-yi, always ready to make monkey faces, animated gestures and expressions to make him laugh. Hurhurhur!

In the last few days, he has also come to discover the joys of stickers!!! That you can paste 'em on something, peel it up again, and re-paste 'em else where!! And the kid has taken it upon himself to stick dozens of them all over my arms!!! I'll give him a pack of stickers, he'll peel them off the original wrapper, happily paste 'em up my left arm before peeling it off again to stick it on my right arm!!! -_____-

oh the joys of being a kid (toddler... whatever...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home