Friday, May 06, 2011

Wedding- Related: MUA

the sister definitely got it easy when looking for a MUA for her ROM-cum-Chinese Wedding Dinner :p
i had already started my research and shortlist of MUAs for SG and when her Date was set, i offered to pay for her MUA.
*sigh.
anything for my 妹妹.

ok, so.
i think i've been very lucky in my search for a MUA too.
at least, for the SG side. I've only just started looking for one over at KL side.
*gulp. 6months to go. shouldn't dilly-dally liaooooooooooo.

so i asked around the girls who got married in the last 12 months or so... checked with my own hairdressers (Charlotte & Ivy)... did a bit of 'flipping of the bridal mags for tips and whatnots...
my final shortlist of MUAs:
Ophelia from Pretty Box
Juey Huey from The Make Up Room

there are plenty of other options out there. but i shortlisted the above based on recommendations and personal experience.
# # # # # #
Juey Huey did my makeup and hair on several occasions when i was younger. For D&Ds, sis' wedding... and she used to do free trials for me when i first started working! She wasn't with The Make Up Room then. But with The Make Up Room... well, let's just say their packages cost almost double what most MUAs were charging. Waaaaaay above my budget.
# # # # # #
Ophelia came recommended by Veron. Veron looked absolutely beautiful on her own wedding day so i kinda knew i could trust her :) But sadly, i didn't decide on her services cos she took forever to reply to my emails! And i couldn't have that. Not when i'm trying to plan my wedding while traveling for work and need to communicate over the email.
# # # # # #
Vecce came highly recommended by my regular hairdresser. For both her natural makeup. And gorgeous hair-dos. Since Charlotte knows my hair well (hey, between Ivy and herself, they have been taking care of my hair the past 15 years!!), i knew i could trust her recommendations.
# # # # # #
i did a fair bit of corresponding with Vecce when i was working over in Malaysia and Sri Lanka earlier this year. She was quick in her emails back to me - something i really appreciate :) and she's so friendly!!! and helpful with dishing out suggestions and tips. how do i know?
cos i arranged a trial session for the sister as soon as i decided to get Vecce to be her MUA. and i was in the room the whole time Vecce came over to Boon Lay to give Yuan her trial session. 
oh. even mum liked her. aiya, she's just a really friendly person. the kind who instantly puts you at ease.
on April 30, Yuan & Giles were caught up in last min' rehearsals at the Ballroom and wasn't 100% ready yet (makeup-wise). I arrived at the Hotel to see Vecce patiently waiting for it all to be over before providing the final touches to Yuan's hair and makeup. nice right?!
i've seen some gf's MUAs rush through their evening makeup and hair, and just leave as soon as they get paid. they don't bother to make small-talk or engage you in any way. bah!
the sister looked absolutely gorgeous with her makeup and hair Vecce did that evening. i lost count the number of people who told me my little sister looked every bit the beautiful bride :)
she was every bit as happy with how Vecce worked magic to her hair and face too.
so, yup! now I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY OWN DAY when Vecce works her magic on me.
hehehee!
more updates on this after my own trial session with her :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home