Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sarawakian Hospitality

is that the right term? Sarawakian?
anyways.

the people are are sOOoooo friendly. 
like, SUPER friendly.
from the taxi driver who drove me from the airport to Grand Margherita.
the people at Reception, Concierge and the Coffee House.
the locals at the souvenir shops and bakeries where i got local Sarawak Lapis to bring home for the kids.
the other taxi drivers......
all very, VERY friendly!!!

i was so very pleasantly surprised at how none of the sales people at the souvenir shops 'bothered' me when i stepped into their shops.
you know how if you went to... i don't know, say souvenir places at Cameron Highlands or Phuket etc, all these salespeeps come round like, WOAH!!! they surround you so damn quickly you don't stand a chance of shopping in peace -________-
but here! my, my, my! i could browse to my hearts' content. no one came round trying to introduce this and that to me every time i moved two steps =P they only came when i called to them. and they were full of smiles each time i turned round. 
such nice people =)

oh, and i have to tell you!
i was at the mall (The Spring, i think it's called...) when it rained like, really heavily. 
and their taxi queues aren't in the compounds of the mall, i.e. not the sheltered dropoff/ pickup area. taxis wait along the main road.
so it was raining.
and i was stuck at the entrance of the mall praying it wouldn't take tOOooooo long before the rain stopped, when this kind taxi driver saw me from where all the taxis were parked along the main road, and came over with a huge brolly.
and more amazingly, he wasn't sheltering me to HIS cab.
he said they have to "follow queue" so he was helping to shelter me to the first cab!
HOW SUPER NICE right?!


their friendliness is amazing =)
how come those on the other side of the Country not like that huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home