Saturday, February 23, 2008

I coULd have diEd aNd nO one heLPed !!!

okok, a little toooooo drama there... but still, i could have broken my back/legs/arms/something/anything (!!!) if i had gone down that overhead bridge head-first...
so neways, Jaime and i were just starting to descend the steps of the pedestrian overhead bridge yday evening when my left heel went CRAZY on me and i skidded down the steps!!! a good 4 - 5 steps!!! it all happened so quickly!!! 1 minute we were walking down, then the next, i was FLYING (or so i thought) !!! it was all i could do to put my weight backwards (by leaning back, obviously), else i could have gone down head-first, and i'll be blogging now from the hospital bed >____<
thing is, when i stopped after the first 5 steps or so, Jaime was holding on to my arm trying to help me gain back my balance when i went down another 4 - 5 steps!!! it happened so so SO fast, it was ccccccccrrrrrrrrrrazy!!! i really really thought i was going to roll all the way down that long flight of steps and die at the foot of the bridge!
i can't thank God enough that Jaime was with me. thank God i wasn't seriously hurt in any way x'cept for blue/blacks on my legs now. oh and i chipped paint off a toenail and broke another toenail. but yea, that was it. no blood. wasn't messy. =P
infact, once i finally regained balance, my first thoughts went to the sandals on my feet!!! the poor poooooooor things!! :( you should see them really. my heart aches for them.... one of my fav. pairs :(((
and then! my next thought!!! no one (NONE AT ALL) bothered to help Jaime and i. NO ONE!!! they were so many people on that bridge, both going up and down. and the coffeeshop next to the bridge was full of diners having dinner. yet not ONE single soul offered to reach out to grab my arm or even ASK if we needed assistance while we were half sat/kneel on the steps!!! infact, people going up/down the stairs walked right past us just like that!!! it was as if we were invisible!! ah... and the diners at the coffeeshop... oh no, not one bothered to come forth to ask if we needed help, but it didn't stop them from staring at us. yea go on you Scums of Society... look on won't you?! just sit there stuffing your ugly faces with food and looking on as someone slips down the stairs right in front of you won't you?! no need to see if she's ok; wasn't you that got hurt so it really doesn't matter... wtf!!!
yea so neways...
if you asked me how or what i felt there and then (apart from thinking "my poor shoooooooes!!!"), i'll tell you this: sure for the first 2 minutes or so, i thought: this is soooooooo embarrassing!!! CAN DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
then: thank God thank God THANK GOD Jaime's here and she was walking right next to me!!
but then! when it struck me that all these fellow Singaporeans around us were walking right past and around us, blatantly ignoring us 2, couldn't be bothered to show ANY concern or extent a helping hand... i thought: these poor poor people!!! how pathetic their lifes! to not know how to show care, concern, love... to not know friendliness and helpfulness and sympathy/empathy... poor THEM!!!
* that's how "warm, friendly and helpful" our fellow citizens are. puiiii!
** before you go all "ha! you deserve it, for wearing sky-high heels out", lemme tell you there were not SKY-high heels; there were comfy one-inch sandals from Charles & Keith albeit a very oooooooold pair x.X
***the sandals are gone. Gone. GONE. =(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home