Tuesday, April 28, 2009

sLeepleSs niGhts

tue
11:56pm
alone in the living hall with the lights turned off
the kids are sleeping here tonight
the parents are out of town
it's awfully quiet here
strangely quiet
hardly any traffic downstairs too
the only sounds right now are the tapping of my fingers on the keyboard
and The Rainbow Connection on loop on my lappie
went swimming after work
doubled the lengths i normally do today
was hoping the icy cold waters after a whole day's rainy weather would clear my head
but i still feel the same
had an instant flashback of Kermit doing The Rainbow Connection
and thus went to dig thru my music folders for the song
no idea why
but i do love this song so
maybe 'cos it's just a beautiful, soothing, calming number
especially Sarah Mclachlan's take on it
or maybe just 'cos Kermit's version reminds me of Sesame Street
and those days of being a teeny weeny kid watching the Muppets, learning my ABCs
i duno
this is so random
oh well
praying i get to sleep abit more tonight
last night was horrid
tossed and turned a good 2 hours before falling asleep
only to wake up a couple of hours later
and that was it
laid there wide awake till it was time to get up and prep for work
maybe i really should see the doc for sleeping pills of some sort
else how the fuck am i gona get enough zzzz
sigh
till then i guess i'll just keep listening and dreaming to The Rainbow Connection
and believe a dream that wishes do come true when wished upon a star
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why are there so many songs about rainbows
and what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,
and rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it.
I know they're wrong, wait and see.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection.
The lovers, the dreamers and me.
Who said that every wish would be heard
and answered when wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that and someone believed it.
Look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us star gazing
and what do we think we might see?
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection.
The lovers, the dreamers and me.
All of us under its spell. We know that it's probably magic.
Have you been half asleep and have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name.
Is this the sweet sound that called the young sailors.
The voice might be one and the same.
I've heard it too many times to ignore it.
It's something that I'm supposed to be.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection.
The lovers, the dreamers and me.
[The Rainbow Connection]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home