Saturday, January 08, 2011

Day #7 - 2011

We're into the second week of 2011 already! Happy 2011 :) 

I've not written anything here since... mid Dec last year! 

Very briefly, the last two weeks at work in 2010 was spent rushing madly through many, MANY mails and issues. So much to do, SO LITTLE TIME!!

Outside of work, there were the Christmas shopping that had to be done, the parties to plan for/ go to, the dinner dates, drink sessions, mani+pedi......

Then Christmas came and went by all too quickly.

Day after Christmas, i fly over to M'sia to spend the rest of 2010 with hun. HAPPINESS!

Now, i am sat here, alone in my hotel room in KL, thinking back on my 2010 and giving thanks.
I have much to give thanks for.
God has been good to me.
Again, I've been very blessed this past year.
*counts my blessings.


Highlight of 2010:~
Bali, The Proposal and Our ROM!!!

ON FRIENDS:~
YF, WL, Lisa, Jaime, eLin, Jayne, Keena and Nee continue to be some of my bestest and most trusted peeps. These are my go-to darlings. These are my dearest girls who have stood by me through the good and bad times. For everything each one of them have done for me, each in their own way, i am truly thankful.
I also managed to reconnect with some beautiful people - Liang, Ting and Lindy Koh, Jayvin, Lynn and Min... oh Dawn too!
New friends who have played an important part in my life in 2010? Weilin and Lindy Lim :)
ON FAMILY:~
Each one of us have had issues to deal with the past year. While sadly, not everything has been resolved, we've come to accept that some things are just not meant to be. There are things that are just not within our control. 
As a family, we've grown even tighter and stronger together. The parents continue to give us nothing but love and support... my sisters? All i can say is that the older we get, the stronger our sisterly love and bonds. Claire and Louis. My love for them can only grow as they grow that teeny bit older each day. Claire starts P1 in 2011. Louis enters K1 :)

ON LOVE:~
He asked. 
I agreed. 
We ROM-ed. 
All within the second half of 2010 :)
Work and travel continues to keep us apart. Physically. However, my love for him only continues to deepen each day. I find myself wanting to share everyday with him. Every minute i think of him and in everything i do, i think for him. 
I continue to be madly in love and deliriously happy with my Super Man, and can only give thanks to God everyday for him. For he brings into my life, SO MUCH COLOR! The joys, the happiness, the laughter, yes and the tears too!
I love him so much. So much.
Nothing excites me more than the planning and preps for our Wedding this Nov. 
Getting a place of our own is next on our list of to-dos, together.

ON WORK:~
So many 'firsts' !!!
First trip to Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad - India. ALONE! TWICE ACTUALLY!
First trip to Seoul - S. Korea. TWICE! Absolutely LOVE Seoul.
First trip to HCMC - Vietnam.
First trip with the new VP.
First trip with the VSF Dean.
Add to these my usual rounds to the various cities across Malaysia, Indonesia, China, Sri Lanka... and with different academics too!
2010 was just busy, busy, BUSY! 
The team went through (and am still going through) quite a bit of change. I've been lucky enough to get some good opportunities to grow at work.
2011 looks set to be an even bigger year at the office. Bring it on!!

Other highlights of my 2010:~
That first trip to Phuket with YF and WL. Truly memorable! Parasailing, snorkeling, lots of sun, sand, sea... coconuts and ice-cream! Am planning for our 2011 getaway together already.
Four beach hols' in one year! Cherating, Phuket, Bintan, Bali!
The (near) entire family trip to Genting for Popo's birthday :) Much too short, really. But excellent nonetheless. It provided for the opportunity to catch up with almost everyone on mum's side of the family.

Am pretty sure ALOT more actually happened in 2010. But i'm way too tired to remember it all now.
Whatever.
All i can say is THANK YOU GOD!
CHEERS TO 2011 peeps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home