Monday, May 20, 2013

She finishes her last bottle of the day (night).
I burp her.
Then long after she has already fallen back to sleep, I hold her.
I hold her close to take in her smell (oh that lovely baby smell).
I hold her close to feel her heartbeat next to mine.
I hold her, watching her chest rise and fall with every breath she takes, taking in her beautiful baby face...... her adorable cheeks, her tiny button nose and mouth... how her baby-soft fine hair shines when caught by the soft nightlight...
I hold her and watch out for her cute goofy grin, contented sigh, cheeky soft chuckle... all of which she almost always does nightly in her sleep. Ah such sweet dreams she must have :)
I hold her till my arms ache.
I hold her now as I type this with one hand (or rather, one finger).
Then I place her back into her cot. Reluctantly.
I love this little angel so.
I'm heading back into the office in 4 weeks' time.
I dread to think how little time I will get to spend with her.
While the late night feed will continue for a while more, all too soon she will grow out of it and sleep through the night. These precious times will gradually lessen. I will miss this so.
Heartache.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home